BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Bittersweet

So.....I registered Makell last week for her Senior year in high school. As we were driving to the high school I realized that this was the last registration for my last child. I waited for the tears to come, but they didn't. I was actually happy -- mostly happy for Makell. She's been anxious to be a Senior for a long time.

The first day of her Senior year is tomorrow. Again, there will not be tears, but it will be a little bittersweet. I think back and remember all the wonderful times I have had as a mother raising my children and now those times are all but done. All I can do now is look forward to a new stage of my life and hope that it can be as sweet and wonderful as the past has been.

I love you, Makell! Good luck with your Senior year!

3 comments:

JaNan said...

Can't believe that she'll be a senior tomorrow! Time sure flies with kids, Aedin starts Kindergarten tomorrow and I'm pretty sure there will be tears. So who said they can grow up?

Brendie, Tyson, Hank and Luke Gundersen said...

Hey you will always be my mom! I will always be calling you for advice on what I'm suppose to be doing with my kids. You are an amazing mom! I love you so much and hope that I can be the kind of mom you are someday!

Brendie, Tyson, Hank and Luke Gundersen said...

Cute new background. I love it!